Important points for pms written examination. This is particularly for those who are going to appear for the first time (veterans are welcomed as well)
1) There are no mcqs in written exam. However, last pms 2018 mcqs were included in Pak Affairs and General science paper. Remember 5 questions need to be attempted in 3 hours. Time management is the essence
2) Kppsc still follows the old css syllabus which was applicable from 1981-2015
2) English precis paper is a bit different than css. One has to write a 250 word paragraph as well. Rest contents are same
3) The General science paper consists of science section only. There is no ability portion as one asked in css
4) Current Affairs paper is a bit tricky. They may ask things from the past which are not relevant in current perspective. Therefore a suggestion would be to focus on key events between 2019-present
Eg: PMS 2018 CA paper had several IR topics so be vigilant
5) Pakistan Affairs has pre parition contents more as compared to CSS PA paper.
6) Islamiat is almost same except that last 10 surah translation are also included in the paper
7) For those who attempted css papers of 100 marks particularly (psychology, british history, european history etc) these papers are of 200 marks in PMS hence treat them as such. Many written qualifiers of last PMS prepared 200 marks papers on the pretext of 100 marks and thus lost precious marks
9) For business administration, there are 3 portions (management, marketing and Finance) however, questions from HR, operations management and supply chain can be asked by the examiner under the management portion.
Best of luck everyone. For any other information, you may comment under the post